Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Diary Entry 1: A Plan

Today, my servant Conrade asked me why I was looking sad and discontent.  I explained to him that I was upset because I was having trouble getting people to appreciate me like they do my brother and Claudio.  He reminded me that I just rekindled my relationship with my brother, and that I should not act depressed if I want the relationship to continue to grow.  I had to remind myself that my brother was a very powerful man, but I still questioned the people's loyalty to Claudio.  I thought to myself, "Why is Claudio so loved by everyone, while I sit here and am unable to please anyone?" Then my servant Borachio brought me the news that Don Pedro is going to court Hero for Claudio. This news filled me with anger, and I decided that I must do everything in my power to expose the courting of Hero by Don Pedro in place of Claudio.  With help of my trusted servants Conrade and Borachio, I must quickly devise a plan to reveal Don Pedro's and Claudio's secret.  Some people may view my sadness as jealousy towards Claudio because of his relationship with my brother, but I believe it is unfair that he is thought of so highly, when most people do not know his true identity.

11 comments: