Sunday, October 20, 2013

Diary Entry 2: My Father

As I reflect on my current situation as an outcast, a sense of hatred grows inside me towards my father.  I have no title and am not regarded with the same respect as my brother, the Prince, because my father had me out of wedlock.  Although I appreciate the money he has provided for me, I wish that I could have been born within my fathers marriage, so that I could have the title and social status that Don Pedro has received.  My father was a very wealthy king that was loved by many people, but he was married to Don Pedro's mother when I was born.  During this time, it is not uncommon for the royalty to have affairs, but the children that are born out of them are often looked down upon because they are the creations of the king's weaknesses.  This is the type of situation that I was born into, but thankfully my brother has just began to kindle our relationship and he has took me under his wing.  Although I am very grateful to him, I know that I will never be treated like him, and I will always wish that my father didn't have me out of wedlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment