Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Diary Entry 3: Success

Success is mine! I carried out my plan tonight and Claudio and Don Pedro believed the entire situation.  Neither of the men doubted me, and everything went exactly as planned.  Borachio fulfilled his part of the deal and I payed him very well for his services.  Claudio was quick to judge Hero and he told me that he was going to confront her on the altar.  He is a very foolish man to think that an innocent and sweet woman like Hero would be disloyal to him.  Claudio is heartbroken and Hero will be humiliated in front of the whole wedding congregation.  I am filled with joy and excitement for the impending doom that awaits the upcoming wedding.  I do not know what will happen at the wedding, but I do know that it will be filled with confusion, embarrassment, disappointment, and heart break.  After the wedding, Messina will be overflowing with gossip and Leonato and his family will be full of shame.  The possibilities of the consequences of my plan are endless and I love this sense of uncertainty.  As long as everything continues to go as planned, I will not get caught and Hero will never marry Claudio.

1 comment: